CONVERSION AND REPAIR
Quick results minimizes time in shipyard
Conversions and repairs of vessels are a complicated matter, where old technologies have to be combined with new technologies and results have to be achieved quickly to avoid spending too much time in the shipyard.
The Consulting Division is experienced in dealing with the diverse issues that come at hand, when a ship must be converted from its original purpose to a new type of cargo. We control the project strictly and make sure deadlines are met, so that you will get your ship on the sea quickly.
When necessary, we are able to provide our own repair team in almost any country - highly skilled and at an attractive cost level.
We are also able to provide low-cost welding and cleaning teams from different nationalities.
In order to be flexible, we have our own workshop equipped with the tools for recondition of machinery parts.
Specific tasks that we take care of in connection with conversions include:
- Project preparation and management
- On-board inspections
- Preparation of technical documentation
- Preparation of tender documentation
- Evaluation of quotations/offers from shipyards
- Contract negotiations
- Contact to classification society
- Documentation/plan approval
- Continuous focus on updating/better procedures/solutions
- Site supervision
- Commissioning and testing
- Taking over/delivery/acceptance
See ERRIA's references of supervised conversions and repairs here.